What are Shared Hosting Services?
A shared hosting service refers to storing and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server managed by a shared hosting company. There are different sorts of hosting services used for different aims, so let's review them. Thus, you can elect what you want, based on whether you'd like to own a website, email accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution supplied by certain vendors, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts frequently include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud shared hosting". This is an entirely awry explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting environment would allocate the tasks at hand between separate packs of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various shared hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a huge quantity of images with chums or partners since the service is typically free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your email address accounts. Some companies offer shared hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you want to own an email address with your domain but do not desire to own a web site, then the e-mail shared hosting solution is what you require. You can open email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domain name. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your shared hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to use as many video files as you would like without bothering about system reserves.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to keep a site. To some degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At You Host Web Domain And Hosting Services you can explore shared shared hosting and dedicated server solutions that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of shared hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the standard email/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for specific content only.